In Part One of the series, we will explore ten critical facts about the customer perception of online reviews. Understanding the client's perception of online reviews is one of the keys to success for your business. Let's face it: your online reputation can either be a blessing or curse depending on how well you grasp these facts and take appropriate action.
Let's list the facts about reviews:
1. 90% of consumers read online reviews before visiting a business.
2. 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
3. Customers are likely to buy 31% more on business with "excellent" reviews.
4. 72% say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more.
5. 92% of users will use a local business if it has at least a 4-star rating.
6. 72% of consumers will take action only after reading a positive review.
7. Reliability, expertise, and professionalism are the most important reputation traits for a local business.
8. 85% of consumers trust a local business with at least ten reviews.
9. 86% of people will hesitate to purchase from a company that has negative online reviews.
10. 44% customers say a review must be written within one month to be relevant
In the next post in this series, we will cover practical strategies that you can use to acquire new online reviews.